When I watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as a young, impressionable cis-female tween, I learned several things:
1. Girls can love boys and have their hearts broken.
2. Girls can love boys and not have their hearts broken.
3. The right man will love you when you finally stuff yourself with femininity and other gender attributes.
As with Anjali:
And with Tina:
4. Thoughtlessly leaving people at the altar is the best way to show how in love you are.
5. Even if you are 100% doucheface man, if you get a woman to love you, you will be 100% fine and societally accepted. Karmic romantic redemption is not a necessity for men.
6. College is basically wearing colourful clothes and hanging out everywhere, watching 2-3 people live their lives.
(No picture necessary)
7. “Pyaar dosti hai”: Love is friendship
8. “Ek mard ka sir sirf teen auraton ke saamne jhukta hai. Ek apni ma ke saamne, ek durga ma ke saamne aur…”: A man bows his head only in front of three women – in front of his own mother, in front of Goddess Durga
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, tum nahin samjhoge.
Pictures with text from: http://perilsofbeing.tumblr.com/post/19027506016/bollywood-recap-kuch-kuch-hota-hai